A spur of the moment trip, to get out of the house and get some sun and fresh(ish) air on a Sunday afternoon, to the Rawang pond.
- Fished Post 5 and fished dead-bait (catfish). I was trying out my Shimano Baitrunner 6000D and caught a couple of decent Amazon Redtail Catfish
- Hooked a monster catfish (?) that took off on a fast run, that became slow and sustained, running around 1/3rd of the length of the lake before I managed to stop the fish. I then turned it, got a few metres of line back and then the hook pulled ….!
- Tried spinning soft plastics – I got one strike immediately the lure hit the surface amid a spray of water. A decent garfish then basically straightened the hook on the lure and escaped.
- Second cast my new soft plastic came in minus the tail – the predatory gar again, I suspect.
- All-in-all, a decent session. There is a promotion on at the moment – RM100 for 4 hours. I think I’ll return next weekend for a more determined session to target garfish, large Amazon Catfish, and, perhaps, the Mekong Catfish.